Although this baby has an awesome outcome, and I thank God everyday for my little boy, it is also an experience that has changed my life in so many ways. After we lost our first baby, we were devastated...but we weren't about to give up. My cycle started 6 weeks after I miscarried and to our surprise, we go pregnant right away. I waited until I was 5 weeks to check. I was nervous and excited...I pretty much knew I was pregnant. We decided we wouldn't tell anyone!! If you knew me, you would know how hard this was. We were at my parents house with a lot of family memebers about 4 hours after we found out! The next day I started to spot...are you kidding me???? The doctor brought me right in since I had a history and made sure I didnt have a molar pregnancy...which I didnt. He then sent me for bloodwork to make sure my HCG levels were increasing, and sure enough they were. At 6 weeks, I went for an ulstrasound where they said there was only a sac. There was no heartbeat and I was told that more than likely I was going to loose this baby as well. We were sad, but I had it in my mind that I wasnt pregnant and that I needed to stay positive because I wanted to be a mommy, and we will keep trying. At 7 weeks, I went back to make sure...and to our amazement, our little miracle was there with a beating heart and all!!!! I slowly stopped spotting and as each week came, we became more and more excited. We were due September 22, 2009. We passed the 10 week mark, which to us was a milestone. We then came to 12 weeks, where we had our appointment and heard our little babies heartbeat!!! That night, our world was about to change forever...I started to bleed!!!
We rushed to the ER where they did many tests and an ultrasound. There was our little love moving all around and heart beating so strong. I actually stopped bleeding by the time I left, and was put on some meds for my blood pressure. The next day, I had an appointment with the high risk doc, and they said there was no sign of any bleeding and that all was well.
The next week, which was 13 weeks a long, I started to bleed again, but this time...it didnt stop! Again, we headed into the ER where they said they couldnt see where the bleed was coming from and that I needed to stay on bed rest for a little while. The bleeding would come and go...and actually started to turn dark. Week 16, I headed back to the high risk doc who did an ultrasound and discovered a Subchronic Hemotoma, and basically gave us the most devastating news...60% chance that we would not make it to week 24. I was ordered to strict bed rest, and ordered what to do when blood came rushing....My doctor agreed, and so for the next 6 months, that is where I would be...sitting on the couch, not moving other than to go to the bathroom, only a couple of times a day. When you hear something like this...you dont know quite what to do. I can honestly say, I put all my faith in God, and would pray a hundred times a day! Our next big week was week 20...this is where we would see if the bleed had gone away...
No comments:
Post a Comment