I have always wanted to be a mom! When Bob and I were planning on getting married, the one thing I knew is that I wanted to have a baby right away! We both agreed on this, and talked about how great it would be if we got pregnant on our honeymoon. Shortly before our wedding, I joked to Bob to watch us have trouble having a baby!!! Boy do I regret saying those words!!! At the time, I didn't really think it, in fact, I didn't really know to much about getting pregnant, other than the whole boy/girl thing. Our first hit was stepping off the plane for our honeymoon and being welcomed by my aunt flow...yep...who the heck gets their period on their honeymoon!!! For the first few months, we just went with it...I didn't exactly know how to count my days and honestly, my period was always so messed up that I wouldn't have known anyways. After every negative pregnancy test I would be dissapointed, and it seemed for every negative I saw, 3 other people would see a positive! Seriously, I think the world was pregnant, and I wasn't!!
I decided to start reading about "trying to concieve" I learned that a women usually ovulates on the 14th day and that day one starts on your first day of your period. I also learned that if you are trying to conceive, you should limit your intake of caffiene, and that you should do IT in the morning. I learned that I should take prenantal vitamins, should eat healthy, should count my days, take my temp each morning, pee on an ovulation stick...basically, change my life! So, that is what I did. I changed my whole life, and decided that we were going to eat, sleep, and dream about being pregnant!!! It started to take over our lives!!! After 3 months of trying, I went to the doctor. That doctor sent me to a fertility doctor...since I do have abnormal periods.
My husband and I ran through some tests and were told WE COULD HAVE A BABY!!!! Best news EVER!!! So, what now...
I would need to get an ultrasound on day 4-5 of my cycle....they would check to make sure I didnt have any cysts ( this can happen to anyone on their cycle) and then I would start taking a drug called clomid for 6 days. I then would go back on day 10 - 14 to see if eggs were produced and then would take a needle and inject it into my stomach to help release the eggs and then 12 hours later, my hubby and I would need to do the dirty!
Month 1 started about 1 year and 3 months after we started trying. NEGATIVE
Month 2 NEGATIVE
Month 3 NEGATIVE
Month 4 NEGATIVE
Month 5 - we missed ovulation...and of course NEGATIVE
Month 6 had a cysts so we couldnt take the clomid, and of course NEGATIVE!
By the time month 7 came around, we were totally worn out. It had taken a toll, and something needed to change. We decided to give it a break and decided we would try a surgury to see if there was something else wrong. I went under and they learned that nothing was wrong, my left tube was a little blocked, but that it could change, and that really, we could get pregnant! So, our next step was a stronger fertility drug. I went and learned how to give myself injections, and then we had to play the waiting game. We had to wait 90 days after the surgery because of insurance. I had the surgery May 2008 and in September 2008 we decided we would try again. I had read online during one of my million searches on how to get pregnant that if we had sex every other day and then started taking the ovulation kit at day 10. We then had to have sex three days in a row after a positive ovulation, skip a day, and then do it again. We have now been trying for over 2 years, so we said what the heck and gave it a shot!!
2 years, 4 months, 6 months of fertility treatments, a laproscopy, many tears, MANY PRAYERS, no caffine, a lot of forced sex, 100's of ovulation kits, and 100's of pregnancy tests...
WE WERE FINALLY PREGNANT!!!! and without fertility drugs!!
No comments:
Post a Comment